In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic,
all US Math Recovery® Sponsored courses will be delivered virtually
until further notice.
Math Recovery® Specialist: Part 1
Math Recovery® Specialist Immersion Awards are open to individuals who are interested in math intervention professional development.
The US Math Recovery Council® will award 2 recipients to enroll in Math Recovery® Specialist: Part 1 (MRSp1). The Specialist course is a rigorous year-long course that provides intensive professional development that develops intervention teaching experience and highly specialized knowledge in Math Recovery content, assessment, and teaching.
Math Recovery® Specialist: Part 1 (MRSp1)Intervention and Specialization in Number Learning for the Primary Grades
Evidence of student and teacher growth is an important component of the Math Recovery Specialist course experience. The course includes projects that help show evidence of a teacher’s reflection and understanding of Math Recovery assessment and teaching. In applying for this award, you are committing to the following course expectations:
MRSp1 includes the assessment and teaching topics of addition and subtraction, structuring numbers, number word sequences, numeral identification, and conceptual place value. The MRSp1 course length is typically 12 months. After completion of this course, participants are well prepared for providing targeted intervention students and are a valuable resource for supporting school- or district-wide initiatives.
Why Should I Apply?
MRSp1 is a year-long professional development experience that empowers educators to provide targeted intervention as well as support school or district-wide initiatives. Apply now for the Math Recovery® Specialist Immersion Award to start your journey. Course benefits include:
- Empowering educators to cultivate a high level of expertise in mathematics intervention
- Improving students' conceptual understanding and achievement
- Video recorded lessons & one-on-one coaching provides specific feedback on assessment and instruction Research-based & STEMworks vetted
Who Should Apply?
This tuition assistance award is meant to benefit a school that is not currently implementing any Math Recovery programs. MRSp1 is for educators, coaches, or leaders providing intervention for students who are not meeting grade-level expectations or are receiving special services.
Application Deadline: End of day, February 16th, 2021.
Question & Answer session on MRSp1 Course Expectations & Content: February 9, 3-4pm CST. Register here.
Award finalists will be interviewed between February 22 - March 12, 2021.
Recipients will be announced the week of March 22, 2021.
Fill out the form from the Apply Now button
- While not required for the initial application, Finalists will need to submit an Administrator Letter showing support for the educator taking the course. A sample Administrator Letter can be found here.
- Administrator Letters can be submitted on the application form or by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Q&A session about the MRSp1 course with Math Recovery staff will be held on February 9, 3-4pm CST. Register here.
- The recording will be available on this page after the session.
- Five Finalists will be selected to be interviewed for the 2 awards available. Interviews will last up to 30 minutes.
What is Math Recovery?
Math Recovery is research-based professional development which empowers educators to advance students’ mathematical thinking and success. We do this through educator development, student assessment, and instructional strategies. Math Recovery® has three different professional development offering paths: