In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic,
all US Math Recovery® Sponsored courses will be delivered virtually
until further notice.
Math Recovery® Leadership Award
MR Leader for Math Recovery Specialist, Part 1
Math Recovery® Leadership Awards are open to individuals who are interested in building and supporting sustainable Math Recovery professional development and teaching initiatives in their districts.
The US Math Recovery Council® is excited to provide tuition award opportunities to those who apply for the Math Recovery Specialist, Part 1 (MRSp1 Leader)*.
MRSp1 Leader engages participants in a year-long professional learning experience. This experience builds a high level of expertise in Math Recovery content and pedagogy in order to deliver and support the Math Recovery Specialist professional development courses in-district. Once a Leader is trained, participants in your district who take their courses only pay kit fees!
MR Leader for Math Recovery Specialist, Part 1 (MRSp1 Leader)Teach MRSp1 In-District
MRSp1 Leader Requirements:
Evidence of student and teacher growth is an important component of the Math Recovery Specialist course experience. The course includes projects that help show evidence of new MRSp1 Leader’s reflection and understanding of Math Recovery assessment and teaching. In applying for this award, you are committing to the following course expectations:
The MRSp1 Leader course will help support these course goals:
Why Should I Apply?
MRSp1 Leader is a year-long professional development experience that provides long-term professional development opportunities for your local educators and sustainable professional development for district-wide initiatives. Course benefits include:
- Certifies educators to offer Math Recovery Specialist, Part 1 in their district
- Once a Leader is trained, participants in your district who take MRSp1 from your Leader only pay kit fees
- Expertise with research-based learning trajectories, diagnostic assessment analysis and data integration, intensive intervention and coaching for short-term interventions, scheduling for intervention services, and leadership to support numeracy
Who Should Apply?
Educators who would like to teach and certify other local educators in MRSp1 in their district.
Application Deadline: End of day May 4, 2021.
Recipients will be announced the week of May 10, 2021.
Fill out the form from the Apply Now button
- Finalists will need to submit an Administrator Letter showing support for the educator taking the course. A sample Administrator Letter can be found here.
- Administrator Letters can be submitted on the application form or by emailing them to email@example.com
- Finalists for the award may be asked to participate in a short interview
What is Math Recovery?
Math Recovery is research-based professional development which empowers educators to advance students’ mathematical thinking and success. We do this through educator development, student assessment, and instructional strategies. Math Recovery® has three different professional development offering paths: