The US Math Recovery Council® held a regular Board Meeting on Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 8:30 a. m. virtually through GoTo Training, the Chair being in the chair and the Secretary being present.
Attendance: Lynn Haden- Board Chair, Fred Reynolds - Chair-Elect; Yvette Panasowich - Past Board Chair, Eric Walker - Treasurer, Kory Obenshain - Secretary, Cathy Briand, Anne Catena, Deb Farley, Sharon Ficarra, Tricia Gessele, Lauren Simpson, David Webb
Staff: Carolyn Olijnek - CEO, Cindy Johnson - Office Manager
- Reported on 2014 and meeting the Strategic Goals
- Connect with membership
- Reorganized and expanded ConnectMR on web site, positive feedback on newsletter communications
- Relationship building and community presence
- 2014 attended 7 conferences, in 2015 we plan to make over 25 conference presentations
- Scholarships are being awarded to schools and individuals
- Program refinement and development
- Program staff is adjusting activities and gathering feedback to enhance training
- Number of Champions has positive increase over 3 years, AVMR 1/ AVMR 2 increasing in numbers served
- Added formalized Leader cohort and support for current Leaders-in-training
- Studying and working with Dr. Bob Wright
Board Development Report: Fred Reynolds, BD Chair
BDC presented the slate and facilitated a discussion around the Treasurer position, designating board members as non-MR and MR and use of conference to gather prospective board members.
Finance Committee Report: Eric Walker, Treasurer
- Reported on the Financial Statements. 2014 was an excellent year.
- Great initiatives and systems are being created for 2015, monthly summary posted on haiku for board members.
Policy Committee Report: Kory Obenshain, Policy Chair
Policy Committee has been undertaking the bi-annual policy review. Next the committee will look at Articles of Incorporation next and possible revisions to the Bylaws & Constitution including Board composition and what constitutes a majority.
Pioneer Award Committee: Cathy Briand, Pioneer Chair
2015 award will be presented at the conference in October. Will be looking for nominees at the 2015 conference.
Executive Committee: Lynn Haden, Chair of the Board
Have had fewer meetings due to more time being spent in committee work. Thank you to Yvette Panasowich for her service; this was her last meeting.
Audit Review is April 27. The Executive Committee and Finance Committee will participate. It is open to all Board members.
The General meeting adjourned at 12:20 CST p.m. The Closed session adjourned at 1:25 CST p.m.