Executive Summary of Minutes - US Math Recovery Council® Board Meeting, August 4, 2013
CEO Report: Carolyn Olijnek, US Math Recovery Council® CEO
12 month Strategic Plan Update:
- AVMR Course 1 and The Champion revisions have been completed.
- The new Website is up and working.
- Consultant Retreat was held in July and deemed a success.
- The 2014 Conference planning is well underway.
- USMRC transition: The office will close on Friday, August 9 in Nashville, TN and reopen on Monday, August 12 in Apple Valley, MN.
- The new address for US Math Recovery Council® is:
US Math Recovery®
15025 Glazier Avenue, Suite 207
Apple Valley, MN 55124
Program Development Update: Christina Miller and Vicki Breneman
The 2014 Conference will be held in Austin, Texas, May 6-8, 2014, with the pre-conference on May 5. The theme will be "The Difference is You in Transforming Numeracy Education." It was suggested that the conference include sessions for informing higher education about Math Recovery®.
The Board Development Committee streamlined and defined the Process for General Board and Officer Board Elections.
The Policy Committee amended the mission statement, to clarify the organizational identity, to the following:
The mission of the US Math Recovery Council® is
To transform numeracy education
To connect research with practice
To empower educators to advance student mathematical thinking and success
...through Math Recovery® principles.
The Finance Committee and Board reviewed the 2012 Audit and the 990 will be filed.