Back to Resource Hub
How to Play Mini Multo: Fun Multiplication Game
Materials to Make Your Own:
- 1 Mini Multo Board (PDF Download) for each player or a 3 by 3 grid on paper
- 2 different colored game markers
- 1 Deca-die with numbers 0 - 9 (The 0 represents 10) or way to generate numbers 0-9
- Decide on the factor that will be used for play.
- Players write 9 of the first 10 multiples of that factor randomly on the game board. For example, if 4 is the factor for play, then all players record 9 of the first 10 multiples of 4; randomly writing one multiple in each box and choosing one multiple to omit.
- One player rolls the deca-die. Player determines the product and crosses out that number on his or her game board. For example, if a 6 is rolled then the product for 6 x 4 is determined and crossed out or covered with a game marker. If a player does not have a 24 then nothing is crossed out and play resumes with the next roll.
- Play continues until a player has three squares in a row crossed out or if using game markers, 3 in a row.