How to Play Quick Draw: Fun Math Card Game
Materials to Make Your Own:
- Index cards
- Deal out fifteen cards from your deck to each player. This becomes each player’s draw pile.
- Place two stacks of an additional 5 cards in the center of play.
- Each player draws 3 cards from their individual draw pile. This becomes each player’s hand during play.
- To start play each player turns over the top card from each stack of 5 cards in the center of play and places it face up.
- Players choose a card from their hand that is either a multiple higher or lower than one of the cards in play. Players can play on either stack and place a card as soon as a number from the player’s hand can be played. Players do not take turns.
- As soon as a player places a card, that player draws a card from their draw pile so that each player holds 3 cards at all times.
- If players cannot play one of the three cards in their hand, then each player turns over the top card from the 5-card pile and places that card face up in play. Play resumes.
- The first player that uses all cards from their individual draw pile wins.
Teaching Number in the Classroom with 4-8-Year-Olds, Dr. Wright et al
Chapter 10, IA10.3, pp. 194