New Virtual Assessment Guidelines for Add+Vantage® Course 1
The use of Add+VantageMR® (AVMR) and Math Recovery® Specialist (MRSp) assessments greatly enhance instruction by pinpointing students' current understandings. Our classroom landscapes are facing unique challenges as educators plan for instruction to meet the needs of all students.
Math Recovery assessments are applicable in the virtual environment, too. Today we are releasing guidelines for Add+VantageMR Course 1 assessments when an in-person assessment is not an option.
Guidelines for Math Recovery Specialist, Part 1, and Add+VantageMR Course 2 will be released later this month.
Accessing AVMR Course 1 Virtual Guidelines
The virtual guidelines and supporting documents, found in the AVMR Course 1 folder on ConnectMR, provide guidance as you embark on your journey to assess students remotely using virtual platforms. In the folder you will find:
- AVMR Course 1 Virtual Guidelines: These guidelines are intended to ensure that assessing students virtually maintains the teacher's ability to accurately administer, code, and analyze AVMR assessments.
- AVMR1 Addition & Subtraction Virtual Counters For Covered Tasks PowerPoint: Slide deck to assist you in presenting additive and subtractive tasks with counters via PowerPoint
- AVMR1 Number Words and Numerals Slides: Slide deck to assist you in presenting numeral recognition tasks, for all numerals to be shown simultaneously and to allow for the students to indicate their response.
- One Device Option for Covered Tasks: Instructions for creating and using one device option for covered tasks. A cookie sheet and magnets can be utilized to present task groups 1 & 2 with slight adjustments.
- Virtual Assessment Number Words & Numerals with Slides Illustrated in Zoom: A tip sheet for using Zoom when presenting numeral identification tasks